Search for “2011 Apolinario Mabini Awards”January 5, 2011
The Philippine Foundation for the Rehabilitation of the Disabled (PFRD) Inc., launched its search for the “2011 Apolinario Mabini Awards” with culmination rites slated in July 2011. This event was named after the Sublime Paralytic Apolinario Mabini, whose disability has not stopped him to become a national icon and creative genius of the Philippine Revolution.
The Apolinario Mabini Awards aims to recognize individual persons with disabilities (PWDs), groups, organizations and professionals who have made remarkable marks in their chosen fields or have rendered outstanding services with impact on citizens with disabilities on a national scale. The different categories that are up for grabs are as follows:
1. Disabled Filipino of the Year;
2. Disabled Group of the Year;
3. Employer of the Year;
4. Disabled-Friendly Establishment;
5. Local Government Unit of the Year;
6. Rehabilitation Volunteer of the Year;
7. Mabini Presidential Award; and
8. Media Advocate of the Year- this is a new category for personalities/groups/institutions in the tri-media who have made significant advocacy for the rights and welfare of PWDs. This is in conjunction with the “UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disability” (UN CRPD).
Interested parties can get nomination forms at PFRD, which can be contacted for details at telephone number 725-0093 or through their email address email@example.com. (Source: Mabini Awards)